Production Well-Testing Operators
The Production Testing Operator works under the supervision of the Supervisor(s) on customer locations, and will assist with all daily operations including, assembly of production testing equipment, data collection and reporting, as well as regular cleaning and maintenance. The Production Testing Operator will be in a team-oriented work environment and execute the required duties in a safe manner.
Production Testing Operators are required to work in remote locations for extended periods of time, required to lift medium to heavy weighted equipment and work in all weather conditions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Production Testing Operator, reporting directly to the Supervisor is responsible for carrying out specific duties during their assigned shift. These responsibilities include those listed in this job description, and any others delegated by the job supervisor or manager, including but not limited to:
- Actively participates in all company safety programs.
- Works with other crew members to improve job performance.
- Ensures all safe work practices are followed.
- Complete and submit at least one Hazard Identification form per week while on location.
- Assists in the maintenance of all district test equipment to ensure its readiness for work.
- Assists with the preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Assists with the regular maintenance of equipment when required.
- Assists with the routine maintenance on vehicles and helps to keep vehicles clean and ready for use.
- Follows all government, industry and company regulations and policies which affect the workplace and the work being carried out.
- Assists in the operation of production testing and flowback equipment in a safe and competent manner.
- Works with crew members to ensure an organized and efficient rig-in to rig-out process.
- Works along with other crew members to ensure efficient use of time and labor on location and in the shop.
- Effectively communicates with the job / shift supervisor and other crew members to ensure job completion on location and in the shop.
- Assists with operations and crew activities throughout the assigned shift.
- Assists crew to maintain safe work procedures and a clean work environment.
- Assists in gathering accurate reliable data throughout the shift.
- Gathers all field data sheets and presents them in a neat organized and timely manner to the job supervisor.
- Utilizes field training program to develop personal job skills.
- Makes efficient use of all Tara Energy Services’ resources and replenishes supplies when required.
- Assists in general duties in the operations bases – i.e., shop and yards.
- Attends all company sponsored safety training, as required.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of corporate operating and safety policies.
- Assists in cleaning and basic maintenance of equipment returning after job completion.
- H2S, First Aid, Common Safety Orientation, Out-of-Jurisdiction First Aid
- Safety conscious
- Possess a current Drivers’ License
- 2-3 years of production testing experience
- Attention to detail; demonstrates a high level of initiative.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to take directions and coaching.
- Must be able to lift and carry medium to heavy weight.
- Work well alone and as part of a team.
- Well-groomed and attention to personal hygiene
- Punctual – ability to manage time well.